Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day number 1, 5/29/11

I met Jamie for lunch at Chipotle for my first official vegetarian meal.  I need to go to the store and I figured Chipotle would be a really easy way to get started.  Plus, if I just order chips and guac with it, I can actually get 2 meals out it- score!  So, I ordered a Vegetarian Fajita Burrito Bowl, but almost blundered on my very first day when the kid asked if I wanted black beans on it and I said I'd prefer pinto beans.  He informed me that their pinto beans have meat in them...  News to me!  Okay, I'll take black beans.

I think I'm going to learn a lot about food that I didn't know before.  In a google search trying to find out what fast food places offer a veggie burger, I learned that McDonald's adds sugar and beef juice to their fries??  Weird.  I had no idea I'd be giving up McDonald's fries... it's a fried potato, a vegetable.  Maybe I should rethink this whole thing!  Just kidding.  I don't give up that easy.  And, Panda Express steams all of their vegetables with chicken stock.  Nothing at Panda Express is truly vegetarian.  Okay, cross that one off the list.

I bought a couple of Vegetarian cookbooks and Cuisinart Blender/Food Processor Duet.  I'm excited to really get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment