Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Meat has Left the Building! Day 10, 6/7/11

Today I asked my mom to come by and get all of the meat out of my house.  The Nathan's Famous hotdogs and the ham shank I had in the freezer needed to go!  I actually sent her off with 4 full bags of meat and meat products, but those two I mentioned were the biggest temptations for me.  My home is now meat-free.  I think that's kind of a big deal.

My trip to the Greek restaurant over the weekend inspired me to make Tzatziki today.  It was a valiant effort, but it was no Tasso's, that's for sure.  I think I had too much cucumber, not enough dill and I think they used a creamier Greek yogurt than I found...  I don't know.  I won't be including a recipe for it.  Anything you'd find online would be as good or better than what I made today.  Kind of a disappointment, but it still gave my delicious veggies a little zing.

One thing I discovered (thanks to Tracy and Charlie) that is not a disappointment:  Morning Star's Spicy Black Bean Burgers!  Woo hoo, delish!  Really.  Whether this experiment will last longer than this summer is still to be determined, but I'll be eating those yummy black bean burgers for years to come!

Tonight's dinner: grilled zucchini, Sunburst tomatoes, red pepper strips, a few slices of Muenster cheese, Tzatziki for dipping and a refreshing raspberry iced tea.  Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment